Friday, June 05, 2020

Being Human


The recent incident in Kerala resulting into the Death of a Pregnant Elephant made me recall an incident I witnessed few years ago.

I was as usual walking down the street completely indulge in ground breaking thoughts or as I felt they were. Suddenly few dogs charged running and barking from behind. I know I irk Humans but what did I do to them? I stood there waiting for them to initiate talk. But they ignored me and went ahead. Story of my Life.

So the center of attraction was not me but another dog walking ahead of me. It seems it was trespassing and local guardians decided to teach it some manners. They surrounded the dog and for few seconds were bossing around. That dog, like me, stood frozen and whimpered. But what happened next had left me part baffled and part in awe.

All of them suddenly stopped and gave space to the dog. They were still around but it felt that in place of threatening, they were actually guarding the dog and providing a safe passage. By that time I reached near and noticed that it was a female Pregnant Dog. They all slowly walked with her till she reaches the end of the street and then calmly came back once again ignoring me.

I remembered that just few days earlier (2014) there was an incident of rape and murder of a pregnant teenager in India.  

That, what happened recently and many more such events sometimes raises the concern that What is Humanity and Who are more Human?

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home