Friday, March 30, 2007

Main, Meri PC and PA... :)


The following text contains mature subject matter.

Parental discretion is advised.

3:47 pm 28th Mar, 2007…

Have to meet BABA (Prof Sanjay Chaudhary, my Project guide) at 3:30 pm to present my last ended week work…

Ya I know I have to be there but there must be a reason na…in last one week I have done everything except any solid project work…

And I have a reason for this…finally my Pa is arriving here with my bros to celebrate my Bday...


But they will arrive on 2nd Apr...Then in what I am busy in last 7 days…???

Here’s d reason and I will try to keep it short…

I was busy in cleaning…

Seems too short…...okie let me explain…

I have a PC with 80GB of hard disk…(non-techs please refer Google)...but never ever in its life I have more than 2-3Gb free space available....to know what’s eating up the space cont reading…

Now my Pa is nothing different from other INDIAN Pas…so I have to clean my room and most important my PC…d other reason for cleaning d PC is INFOSYS, where by luck I am placed…since they aren’t allowing PC in there campus during training period I have to leave it somewhere..and I don’t want anything objectionable to get surfaced when explored by them…got d point…


So Let do the latter part first I thought last Thursday and began by removing the pics of Bday cakes…

Reason: some cool and innovative uncensored lines…

but I didn’t want to delete them…so i came up with a nice way to hide them that is hard to find even you select the Show Hidden Files option and also hard to search…

Now what…hmmmm…….I have never had to think about my wallpaper…I have never used any gals pics...so let’s continue to Synapse pics…our own Techfest...

I had to really give my best to equal the boys gals pics ratio…ufffff…

thanx…...thanx to all the photographers who have literally used girls as their photography subject and explore them in every angle…(no offense)

Whts now….hmmmm……O ya the beautiful pics of hot chicks of Hollywood, Bollywood, Lollywood, Tollywood etc

I know their share is just 4-5% but when you have around 20K pics in your collection then even 5% counts a K

So, one by one admiring their beauty and body I kept pressing SHIFT-DEL…

But no…not to all…..i cant……really……so here left few…who passed the criteria of at least 50% clothes at appropriate places...

Now…who is under the axe…???

Aha our very own folder of Banned Commercials

Enough laugh…enough whispers…now time to ban u properly…3-clicks and whooooooooshhhhhhh…

Hmm…..now time to check my E-library folder…I guess I have one of the best available collections of e-books to SHOW…ya...i have at max read just 90-100 of the thousands present…

Hmmm…oooooooooohhhhhh…thank god I have checked this folder….there ARE few who need not be visible….(those who want them can email me )

And there ARE few for gals too….those books will really help thm later…

W8…stop d weird guesses…they are recipe books...

Hmmmmmmmm…everything seems OK now…

Ooooooopssssssss……...there was one more left…but I couldn't delete it…not at any cost…

It was my comics folder…superman/girl, batman/girl, spiderman/girl, asterix, tintin, Garfield, Shana-the she-devil, Ultra and more over Nagraj, Dhruv, bankelal, doga etc..there are others for 18+ only…sorry cant name them here….

anyway...d problem remains that even my Pa is strictly against these comics things and even I had to spend my whole pocket money on comics library in my school days…d attraction never lessen...

So coming to d point...one decision...i wont delete it and now I can imagine what comments my bros were going to make…

Anyway…so after the cleaning you wont believe it, I have more than 7 GB space available…

Wow…a rare chance to format my pc…I had last formatted it 18months ago…so there are two reasons….first to solve some minor problems of my PC and second to check and install latest pirated softwares on a fresh version of pirated windows

Evening 26th mar, 2007

Hmmmm...so had to void the desktop first...more than 3GB...after that My Doc, My Pic, favorites…blah blah blah...

Now time to start formatting...should not take more than an hr or two...but its me...and a success in one go is like sachin's ton in finals...

but formatting got over without any problem...and I had installed back a lot of softwares too...it was 1 am then……felt sleepy and Zzzzzzzzzz.....

27th morning after 11, I sat back to install the rest of d SWs..but before that let me give a DESC to my comp...(its d funniest option available in windows )

so, i opened d dialog box and typed "7d@yz 7 colors"...actually my pc name is 'rainbow' na...

but 1 min...it wasn't what I typed..it read something like..."7d~yz 7 colors"...i tried again..but na..."~" in place of '@'...

i checked other keys and goshhhh...all the special charac above the number keys got jumbled...and not only jumbled..there were few new charc and few old one missing....

like pressing shift-4 is typing * , shift-2 was giving pound sign...and no keys for '\' and '@'..

i tried every possible option available for keyboard in control panel....but na...failure...hmm....lets install d driver back...installed…..same result...

but whats d reason...??? aha...here it was...

I didn't created a PWD for the Admin account since each time I installed a SW it was asking 4 reboot and i was feeling too lazy to enter d PWD again n again...

and i slept with LAN connected…Result...d DNT of viruses got a newly built mansion...

Now what ??...

full pc scan...it took 3 hrs….i was back after the lunch...just 1 virus found...and that wasn't a virus either…..but a spyware...

hmm...one more option (never tried before)….System Restore...lets restore it to d point i had just formatted d pc...last day 9:30 pm…

something had changed...but its not d status of my keyboard but my harddisk...

all d files i had downloaded after 9:30 got deleted and all d deleted were back

enffffffff.................last option........... REFORMAT it again .....lets do it...

1 more hr...now let me check d keyboard.....oh...working fine ...time to install back d softwares again...one by one..checking the keyboard in alternate...

28th march, 2007..morning...

who says installation is a one click job...ask me.. ….2 days for a 2 hr job

yup...its almost 36hrs and i am still installing and reinstalling my SWs..(too tired to give you the details, but the problems were funny and irritating like the Acrobat problem of closing itself in every 5 sec )....no there isn't any problem with the pc...its in d best possible condition….but with my luck...

so finally i am done...lets start ORKUT and Gtalk...almost 2 days i was missing...so much to talk..so much to listen...so many mails to answer..so many fwds to fwd...

whats dis ??? the LAN is slow as snail..taking 5 mins to refresh a single page and "Connection error in Gtalk".............tried again but no changes...but why ???

NEWS : Gtalk is in the blocked list now....thanx to our over protective prof ...


You wont believe the keywords they have blocked like CHAT, WIFE, PAMELA (Anderson li)…and the funny points are that they have blocked ‘breastS’ but not ‘breast’ or ‘b**b’’wife’ but not ‘wives’

And there are loop holes also…just add ‘&java’ or ‘?java’ in the end of the URL and you can easily bypass a lot of words…and the most IDIOTIC loop hole is that the filter works only on SMALL letter words…means u can still open ‘WIFE’ but not ‘wife’….

I wonder have they read only one quote in life, "Prevention is better than Cure"...

So, after so much of hardwork and time waste…here I am…sitting and trying hard to make the Gtalk work, searching sites for chatting…and moreover W8ING patiently to get the pages refreshed after each click...

U know I really wanna suicide… ...plzzzzzzzz help me as I am too tired to do it by my own...


 

5 Comments:

At 31 March, 2007 07:21, Blogger Shruti Garg said...

Hi Amitesh,
Nice post..btw seems like u guys put a lot of delete-worthy stuff on ur pc !!

 
At 01 April, 2007 19:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

entertaining one...!!! cool hai..[:)]..yup i'd like to have some of the ebooks...[:D]..recipe ones as well as some ahem ahem stuff!!![:D]...
keep writing...!!!

 
At 03 April, 2007 21:05, Blogger Amitesh said...

@bittu

hmmmmm....not del worthy for us... :P

and ya...its not only guys, who sayz gals r diff...;-)

 
At 03 April, 2007 21:06, Blogger Amitesh said...

@Sup......

dont worry.....will share all aftr 9th.....okieeeeeee :P

 
At 11 November, 2008 04:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home