Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I had really loved Rain...Once !


2:32 A.M. 4th July, 2006
D-107, Da-IICT, Gandhinagar

It's raining heavily.

And I'm lying near the window with my upper half resting on the chair and legs on the table.

Windows (MicroSoft waala) is running with my usual friends' orkut, gmail, google, winamp and few pdfs and docs.

Speakers continually playing the song,

"phir wahi raat hai, phir wahi raat hai khwaab ki..."

And, it's raining heavily outside.

After a long wait, long hot summer days, finally they have arrived.


And look, in such quantity.

Cool breeze. Let me slid the curtain.

Now, I am getting the full view. There is a lamp-post on the other side of the pathway.

And drops falling between us like pearls, no, like golden pearls.

Rain in night. You know, all must enjoy this golden moment atleast once in their lifetime.

I'm singing my favorite lines,

"I'm walking down the lane, I'm singing with the rain.
O what a wonderful feeling, I'm happy again."

Ok, enough. It's time for some News.


Let's open 'Hindu', free online edition.
(I wish life mein sab kuchh free hota. Hail to Richard Stallman)

First news.

Germany confident, but history points to Italy...

Before the Brazil and France match the headline was similar, just replace Italy with Brazil and so.

But history sometimes does not repeat itself. France won 1-0.

Second News.

Anil Kumble spins India to a memorable victory...


Finally, after 35yrs.:)

Third one.

F-16s for Pakistan: New Delhi unhappy

2-3 days before...Indo-American Nuclear pact...Islamabad unhappy

I am looking out of the Window. Beautiful spheres.
I really love them. Myself happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's more....oho...down below there is something...

yep....

Deficiencies found in resettling Narmada families...

Point to be noted...this news has been placed at the bottom of the page.

And why not, those farmers, labors instead of having similar body that feels pain, similar belly that feels hunger, similar eyes that have stopped crying now, similar mouth without food without voice, they all lie in the bottom layer.

So, why not?

Aah. Just hear the lines of the song playing...

"Kaanch ke khwaab hai...aankhon mein chubh jayenge..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What's this....

Rains lash Mumbai for third day

Residents cautioned on radio and through mobile phones

I have right-clicked the link and opening it in a new tab.
(IE7 has this new feature, try it, but i prefer mozilla, that's free na ;)

Lets read in detail:

MUMBAI:

Heavy rains lashed the city for the third consecutive day, throwing normal life out of gear on Monday. Unlike on July 26, 2005, when the residents were caught off-guard by heavy rains, authorities sent out warnings on radio and through mobile phones. As a result, many offices closed earlier, allowing people to return home before the situation worsened.

I recalled that day July 26, 2005. I was one of those who were caught off-guard. But that's another experience, so wait for another blog.

Three persons died in two incidents of drowning in the city since Sunday.

I am closing the tab...

...and looking out of the window. It's still raining, with even more pace.

Back to the main page, anything left.

Yes.

Rain plays havoc in two districts

Heavy floods in Srikakulam, Vizianagaram; Thotapalli reservoir totally damaged

I really don't want to but...

Ok wait...1 min passes away, two...three...four...

I have right-clicked once again.

HYDERABAD:

Torrential rain during the past two days, caused by a depression in the Bay of Bengal, played havoc in Srikakulam and Vizianagaram districts as the Vamsadhara and Naagavali rivers overflowed their banks on Monday and flooded dozens of villages.

The heavy rain in the catchment area, located mostly in neighbouring Orissa, almost completely damaged the 100-year-old Thotapalli reservoir across the Naagavali which accounts for an ayacut of nearly 40,000 acres.

Reports received here said flood waters of Naagavali inundated 83 villages in Srikakulam and three in Vizianagaram, partially or fully. One person was drowned in the Nagavali while five others, all fishermen, missing.

Enough.

Taskbar-clock showing 3:08 A.M.

It's time to shut-down the PC. Better sleep.

I am sliding the glass window.

Drops have started striking the pane. The Lamp post is still glowing.

It's still raining here. Rain in night. I start uttering again,

"I'm singing with the rain, just singing with the rain,what a wonder...."

I have turned and dropped myself on the bed to die.

I had really loved Rain...Once.


----amitesh

 

2 Comments:

At 04 July, 2006 08:01, Blogger Udham Singh said...

It's been raining here for last 2 days.. amazing weather out here... Good! u too njoy there.. Good description! what time was it, BTW?

 
At 04 July, 2006 20:31, Blogger Satish said...

hmmm......so too much of anything is'nt pleasant!!

nice post man. and nice weather report bhi ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home